TRC Contracts is a market leading specialist and main contractor operating mainly in the high-end refurbishment sector in and around London. The company is long established and enjoys an enviable reputation based upon enhancing some of the UK’s most well-known built assets. Head office is in Market Harborough and travel to London once or twice a week is typical.
This is an opportunity to work closely with the Managing Director to build upon TRC’s existing commercial strengths. You will be responsible for the day to day commercial activities across a diverse range of projects, maximising value, margin and market share and advising junior Quantity Surveyors on commercial and contractual matters.
Commercial and Contractual
• Preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations/applications in accordance with contractual dates.
• Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense by maintaining records of resource allocation including labour plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims
• Costing and agreement of variations and robust follow up to ensure payment.
• Recognising and advising Site Managers and Directors on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
• Procuring sub-contractors and supply chain management including raising orders, valuing works and certifying interim payments, agreeing variations and the final account figure.
• Reporting on the overall financial position of contracts.
• Assisting with tendering for projects.
• Satisfying client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting the company’s interests.
Experience and Qualifications:
• HNC, HND or Degree educated in Quantity Surveying (or related discipline)
• Minimum of 6 – 8 years post qualification experience.
• Strong contractual awareness especially JCT suite.
• Experience of preparing EOT/loss and expense claims.
• The successful candidate will also possess excellent communication skills along with a pro-active approach
• Salary Negotiable
• Holiday 20 days plus 8 bank holidays