Here at TRC we provide timber repairs that can help to ensure your windows or doors look up to standard and work efficiently once again. Over time, especially with heritage windows, timber window repairs can be required due to their age and succumbing to time, decay and exposure to the elements.
Our expert knowledge and experience in working with heritage windows, means we can remain faithful to historical design and complete seamless repairs that are indetectable.
Whether your building is a historic manor house, retail space, residential building or office space, we can work with you, your contractor or architect to arrange and advise on timber repairs. We have worked on a wide variety of buildings and high profile projects, with our reputation for providing timber window repairs and timber door repairs making us the ideal choice for those looking for professional workmanship and dedication to delivering a flawless result.
To see how we can work with you, please do not hesitate to get in contact to discuss your needs and ask any questions or concerns you may have. We can provide consultation on your project and our timber repair services to ensure the property is in the best possible condition to stand the test of time, helping to steer clear from more expensive window replacement.
We transform decayed and damaged windows, frames and sills – returning them to their former beauty, and protecting them for the future.
Our particular expertise lies in historic timber window repairs, particularly heritage sash windows and casement windows.
Our expert window restorers apply attention to detail at each stage, to give truly impressive results.
1. Remove. We gently prise out decayed and damaged timber from windows, frames and sills - retaining as much of the original wood as we can.
2. Replace. Where decay is severe our skilled carpenters replace sections of timber with new joinery work to closely match the original.
3. Fill. We treat the remaining timber with a multi-stage epoxy resin repair system called Repair Care
4. Smooth. Using specialist tools, our trained window restorers carefully smooth the surface of the repair to match the shape of the original timber, so that it blends seamlessly.
5. Finish. Finally, the window is stained or painted as required.
6. Maintain. We also offer a preventative maintenance service for windows, to reduce or prevent future decay.
Repair Care is a multi-stage epoxy resin system, with versatile product options to suit every repair scenario.
The resin holds its form well during application, so we can create external corners and three-dimensional shapes with ease. Once cured, Repair Care can be drilled, stained or painted, just like timber.
All of our window restorers are specially trained Repair Care certified professionals, giving the assurance that each repair will be carried out with skill and sensitivity to the building's needs.
For more information please refer to the Repair Care website, or ask one of our team if you have a specific question.
Get in touch to speak to us about your next timber window repair project.